Each committee and group in our congregation plans to devote time in 2021 to listening and learning. Many groups have chosen resources from the Matthew 25 in the PC(USA)’s program. Other groups choose to review articles, books, videos, or podcasts from our Resource Collection before reflecting on how to respond to Session’s challenge that we strive to:
- More aggressively confront racism
- Seek advice from those whose lived experiences are different from most of ours
- Take action to be effective allies in the fight against individual and systemic racism
- Work collectively to reimagine and rebuild our community.
Here are a few ways you can engage in this effort individually:
- Join the 4-week Small Study Group facilitated by Melanie Jones on Mondays in January, starting January 4.
- Follow the same material weekly stretched across the months from January to May in the Congregational Update.
- If you are a health care provider, register now for Rochester Action For a Better Community’s Signature Event Attacking the Two Pandemics. Thursdays, January 14, 21, and 28. Scholarships are available.
Questions? Ask Beth at [email protected].