During the pandemic, the Food Cupboard is operating on Thursday mornings only, in the system modified to meet COVID safety protocols. Volunteers prepare bags of emergency grocery items and welcome 25-40 guests..
- When: Thursday, 9:15-11:45am
- Where: Third Presbyterian Church Celebration Center (signs posted on Meigs St.)
- Details: Serves individuals and families
- Frequency: Guests may receive groceries once a month (with identification needed each visit)
Want to help serve in the Food Cupboard?
- Sundays– 2 or 3 individuals or families stock the working shelves
- Thursdays– 4 volunteers arrive before 8:45am, prepare bags & greet clients until 11:45am.
- Tuesdays– 1 or 2 volunteers again stock the working shelves.
- Wednesdays– 1 or 2 volunteers organize the storeroom and put away new food from Foodlink or the congregation
- Shoppers– several volunteers buy food as needed from Wegmans, Aldi, Walmart
- Drivers– every Tuesday a volunteer with a van or other larger vehicle picks up a large order from Foodlink
- Substitutes– Many substitutes are important to support our volunteers
You may place the following donations in the bins located near entrances to the church office, sanctuary, and chapel.
- cereal – large boxes
- dry pasta – 1 lb pkg
- pasta sauce – 24 oz cans
- peanut butter – 18 oz
- canned fruits and vegetables
- canned chicken or tuna
- soups – any variety
- toilet paper and wrapped bar soap
Food Cupboard Contact Information
Food Cupboard Chair person
Rev Conley Zommermaand, PhD
Do I need proof of address?
A recent piece of mail with your current address is preferred.
What ID do I need?
Clients provide a picture ID: either a benefit card or NYS Driver’s or Non Driver’ License.
How often may I visit your Food Cupboard?
Clients may visit once a month or every 4 weeks.
How often would I volunteer?
Monday and Thursday volunteers work once per month.
Sunday stockers work about 2 times every 3 months.
Tuesday stockers work about once every month.
What training will I receive?
All new volunteers receive an overview of Food Cupboard and Foodlink, witha thorough orientation and training.
Can I visit the Food Cupboard on Mon/Thurs or other days to see what is required?
Yes, please contact us to set up a visit.