Adults at Third Church have many opportunities to enrich spiritual lives and strengthen relationships. In sharing our ideas, knowledge, stories, and time with one another, we are nourished to go out and serve each other and the world.
Adult Spiritual Formation
If you are looking to learn about spiritual life or to deepen your faith, try one (or all!) of these classes and events:
- Sunday Seminar (Sundays at 9:30am in Johnston Hall) Lecture-based presentations on matters of faith, culture, and Christian living
- Living in the Word (Sundays at 9:30 in the Parlor) Small group Bible study around the morning’s worship texts
- Thursday Voices (Thursdays at 12noon in Johnston Hall) discussions on articles, blogs and other media relating to faith and life
- Other offerings include seasonal retreats, short-term small groups, and periodic lunches on topics of congregational interest. Upcoming events are announced in the monthly newsletter, weekly email update, and on our events page [link].
- The Third Church Library contains a variety of curated resources around all aspects of faith.
We are a connectional church! Spend time with friends new and old in one of many Fellowship Groups:
- Calvin Guild - Guest speakers and catered lunch, third Wednesday of the month
- The Church Ladies - Activities for women of all ages including service, fellowship, and faith formation
- Men’s Breakfast - Breakfast and discussion for men of all ages, Saturday mornings, every other month
- Elvis to Elton - A group for people in their 60s to 80s that meets quarterly for a potluck meal
- Yoga - A free class for practitioners at any level, beginner to advanced, Monday evenings at 6:30
- Seasonal small group and special events are offered periodically
Congregation-wide fellowship events include the Rally Day picnic in the fall, Advent wreath-making worship in the winter, Mardi Gras pancake supper in the spring, the Big Lunch picnic at the end of the school year, and a Red Wings baseball game in the summer