Volunteer Trainings 2022
WHAT is their new Volunteer Training Policy? Regardless of past volunteer training or experience, ALL FPGROC volunteers must take the following going forward:
- Family Promise 101 Volunteer Training (available now online, average time to complete: 45 minutes)
- Family Promise 102 Volunteer Training (available now online, average time to complete: 1 hour)
- Family Promise DEIA Volunteer Training (available later this summer)
- Localized Volunteer Training, scheduled on an as-needed basis.
WHY are they changing their Volunteer Training Policy?
- So much has changed! While FPGROC remains committed to providing holistic services to families at risk of or experiencing homelessness, their model has changed. They want to be sure ALL of their volunteers are “in the know” on their current programs, who’s who on staff, and more.
- They’re always learning. Their participation in the Urban League’s Interrupt Racism Cohort has them doubling down on their efforts at interrupting racism in all aspects of their organization – from hiring practices and program management to fundraising and volunteer training. They are excited to have you join them in these efforts!