We are using online platforms to continue offering Adult Spiritual Formation gatherings during social-distancing.
Thursday Voices, Thursdays 12:00-1:00pm via Google Meet:
During the summer season, the group will discuss articles from “The Christian Century.” Contact Mary Cowden to receive the articles.
Living in the Word, Sundays 9:00-10:00am via Google Meet:
- June 7—Matthew 28:16-20 and 2 Corinthians 13:11-13. “Faithfulness in partings”
- June 14—Romans 5:1-8 and Matthew 9:35-10:8. “The grace in which we stand”
- June 21—Matthew 10:24-39 and Romans 6:1-11. “Do not be afraid”
- June 28—TBD
Sunday Seminar, Sundays 9:00-10:00am via Google Meet:
- June 7 and 14—Rod Frohman will lead a two-part series on Christian ethics. We will send out links with the preparatory materials that you will need to review prior to each gathering. (Links will be posted in the Thursday Update emails prior to the conversations.)
- Later summer (dates TBD)—A 6-session series using videos based on Amy Jill Levine’s book, Short Stories by Jesus: The Enigmatic Parables of a Controversial Rabbi. Watch the Thursday update for exact dates.
For more details or to receive sign-in information to join gatherings, please consult the weekly Thursday Update and posts in our Facebook group. You may contact Becky D’Angelo-Veitch with questions about any faith formation offerings. Becky is also available to give ‘tutorials’ on how to join virtual gatherings via Third Church’s preferred platform, Google Meet.
New Group Forming! Online Bible Study or Book Group
Almost 20 people participated in online small-group Bible studies for 6 weeks in the season of Easter. Would you be interested in participating in an online study group over the summer? We have several ideas for topics and will choose whichever one is most appealing to participants. If you are interested in learning more, contact Becky, who will be sending out organizing emails to interested participants in mid-June.