The Junior Choir of Third Presbyterian Church was established in 1953 by their first director, Helen Moot. Since then, the choir has played a vital role in the worship of Third Presbyterian Church and in the Christian development of the children who have participated in it.
The Junior Choir is an unauditioned, inclusive group of children, grades 3 – 6. All children are welcomed into the choir. The choir sings each Sunday during the school year and performs special programs at Christmas and in the spring.
During the 2001-2002 year, the Junior Choir focused its attention on learning some of the great hymns of the Christian faith. This CD is the culmination of these efforts. The recording is meant especially to be enjoyed by children, but will hopefully be an inspiration to all who hear it.
- Dios Esta Aqui - Michael Hawn/Arturo Gonzales
- All Things Bright and Beautiful - English Melody, adapt. Martin Shaw
- Let All Things Now Living - Katherine K. Davis
- Jesus Loves Me (Children's Bell Choir) - William Bradbury/arr. by Frances L. Callahan
- Away in A Manger - Attr. James R. Murray 1887
- Once in Royal David's City - Henry John Gauntlett, arr: Arthur Henry Mann
- We Three Kings - John Henry Hopkins Jr.
- On This Day - Gustav T. Holst
- Siyahamba - South African
- God of The Sparrow, God of The Whale - Carl Schalk, Jaroslav Vadja
- Simple Gifts (Children's Bell Choir) - Arr. by Martha Lynn Thompson
- Somebody's Knocking - James E. Clemens
- Keep Me, O Lord - Douglas J. Austin
- Now The Green Blade Rises - French Carol, Text by John M.C. Crum
- Cantad al Senor - Brazilian Folk Song
- Earth and All Stars - David N. Johnson
Christina A. Lenti, Director
Christian Lane, organist
Mary Cowden, keyboard